QPR Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training 2/15/23
Participants will learn to do the following: -Recognize the warning signs of suicide -Talk with someone who may be at risk for suicide and persuade them to get help -Refer at-risk individuals to appropriate resources for help
Date and Time
Feb 15, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
VIRTUAL - 9am PT, 10am MT, 11am CT, 12pm ET
What is a Gatekeeper?
Someone in a position to recognize a crisis and the warning signs that someone may be contemplating suicide.
Gatekeepers can be anyone but include parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, ministers, doctors, police officers, and community members.
QPR is the most widely taught suicide prevention training in the world.
What Will You Learn?
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- Myths about suicide
QPR Suicide Prevention Class