QPR Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training 5/17/2023
3 steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide. Participants will learn how to: -Recognize the warning signs of suicide -Talk with someone who may be at risk for suicide and persuade them to get help -Refer at-risk individuals to appropriate resources for help
Date and Time
May 17, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM MST
VIRTUAL - 9am PT, 10am MT, 11am CT, 12pm ET
What Will You Learn?
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- Myths about suicide
What is a Gatekeeper?
Someone in a position to recognize a crisis and the warning signs that someone may be contemplating suicide.
Gatekeepers can be anyone but include parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, ministers, doctors, police officers, and community members.
QPR Suicide Prevention Class$39.00Sale ended